By itself tachograph is a usual tool for monitoring. The birth of this device had at the time of the rapid development of road transport. The purpose of it was the inordinate desire of employers to control the rules of the transport vehicles and cargo, namely, the set route and timing of delivery. That is why the first tachographs manufactured by companies that produce watches.
Time makes its own demands and requests a change to the people, and technology. Many drivers in pursuit of higher wages were willing to spend on the road for several days, almost without rest. This situation led to traffic accidents, and often to the loss of human life. The need to increase the safety requirements has led to the fact that a new generation of tachographs and note the time spent by the driver on the road, and speed. Such innovations have become the rule for international cargo and passenger transportation.
To avoid problems with different interpretations of the device indicators in different countries, records data on the smart card to each driver in symbolic form. However, problems may arise from the other side, namely, it may be incorrect configuration and calibration of the device. In order to prevent this, perform diagnostics. It will help in this - equipment for testing tachographs:
- Tahotester - the main instrument of the test operation of tachographs;
- Measuring coefficient - for test measurement data over a short section of the route;
- Readers - to take the readings from the memory device and smart card driver's personnel;
- Measuring the radius of the drive wheels - for the calculation of the calibration distance traveled;
- Pliers and punches - for sealing devices and prevent unauthorized opening.
An important role in the correct reading plays and tachograph installation process. When using homemade equipment for the installation of the tachograph - the problem clearly guaranteed. Particularly important when testing the device is the presence of the seals on the test field. To do this, you must have pliers and buy a punch, in some cases - the punch pipe.